Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Liquor before beer...And Scooby is in the clear!

Well that title pretty much sums up my weekend. I spent most of it with friends, enjoying a glass or two or three of my drink of choice, Jamison. It was a fairly nice weekend in DC, so it was good to be outside. I debated going home to Pitt off and on all weekend, but after talking to my family, decided to stay far far away! Things have been a bit crappy now for a few weeks. My dad's chemo is getting the best of him and he spent the better part of 5 days in bed sleeping. My mom, who is used to their Friday date night ritual (for the last 39 years), is having a hard time seeing my dad like this and is feeling restless and helpless. I am the cheerleader, shrink, voice of reason, and the only sane Cianflone! All joking aside though, this was perhaps one of my hardest weekends since April. I think it finally caught up with me, all of this. I will say, I wouldn't wish the big C on my worst enemy. It's a ruthless disease that eats away at the patient and tests the strength and resolve of the family it seeks to destroy. Lucky for me, starting next Monday, I will be at the National Cancer Institute for a 4 week course on CANCER. M-F all day - cancer. Dare I say I need a new job!

As for my main man - Scoobs is all clear. He had a massive abscess in one of his canine teeth so he had to have that removed. He was flying higher than a kite for the better part of two days, and you better believe, if I could have gotten my hands on that drug, I would have :) He's all back to normal now, almost done with the antibiotics and after nearly $500 later, he's remaining teeth are pearly white.

No comments:

Post a Comment