Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This one's for Scooby!


So this post is all about my main man, my numero uno, my big eared and bad breathed, people loving dog - Scooby. I got Scoobs from a past relationship, no need to re-live that drama. He arrived at BWI airport in a little bag on 09-09-09. I remember picking him up at the airport thinking what in the world have I gotten myself into. He was super skinny and so shy. I couldn't get him to eat a morsel of food for quite a while and he cried uncontrollably. As time went by, he started to adjust and has really come out of his shell. He has a personality as big as his ears. (just to give you an idea - he has been called the flying nun before)

Not a day goes by that I don't walk Scooby and get stopped on the street from people yelling his name or wanting to meet this little koala bear look alike. I have come to appreciate these walks on those really bad days, because it is a given that someone will point at his ears and smile or I will hear murmurs as we pass about how cute he is.

For me, though, Scooby has become a lot more than just a cute little guy I take for daily walks or visits to Pet Smart Day Care. He is my loyal companion and has become a fixture in the family. As I mentioned before, he is my dad's sleeping buddy, and he is constant company for me. Yesterday I took the little guy to the vet and he has to have some dental surgery on Thursday. The vet said that he thinks Scooby either has an abscess or nasal tumors. When the vet uttered the c word, I almost lost it. I am not sure how much more anti-c energy I can channel, but I am adding him to the cancer sucks prayer list, just to be sure that come Thursday, the vet finds only a nasty tooth infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment